English | Dzongkha Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Boy electrocuted in Paro


Aug 27, 2013

BoyElectrocuted-ParoA 10-year-old student was electrocuted in Paro on Sunday. The incident occurred at Nimizampa near Rinpung Dzong.

The boy along with some friends had gone to drink holy water near the river. The deceased had then climbed onto the wire mesh of a stone wall located at the site where he was electrocuted. People suspect that electric current might have leaked from a flood light located near the river.

Bhutan Power Corporation officials refused to comment. Police are investigating the case.

Meanwhile, a 52-year-old woman died after she was struck by a lightning in Namseling village in Samtse yesterday. According to the deceased’s husband, the deceased was in the kitchen when the lightning hit her.CommunicationMinisterDNDhungyel-OfferCondolence

He said the deceased was found lying unconscious on the floor, and was immediately rushed to the hospital. The doctor said the woman was already brought dead to the hospital.

The deceased is survived by her husband and seven children. The Communication Minister, D N Dhungyel, who is from the Constituency, was also at the hospital to offer his condolence to the victim’s family.

 

 

4 Comments for “Boy electrocuted in Paro”

  1. stobgyll

    every year people from samtse lost their lifes,what could be the reasons behind this,and why gov.is not taking any measures to combat this kind of incidents,which usually occurred every year.

  2. Yeshey Tshogyal

    Boy was Electrocuted in Paro needs thorough Investigation and the Concerned Organisation and its Line men who looks after proper area has to be given good lesson. If I am a Parent of the deceased I will not leave the case until I get the Justice and we should Consider it as Murder.

  3. Karma

    “Police are investigation the case,” or “Polices are investigating the case?”

  4. Jamsel

    Bpc should give explaination on this ,I think so

Leave a Reply to Karma

*


one × 9 =

Copyright © 2017 BBSC.