English | Dzongkha Wednesday, February 20, 2019

People's Democratic Party gallops to power

Jul 14, 2013

PDP-CandidatesThe People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has won the 2013 elections. They secured 32 seats while the Druk Phuensum Tshogpa (DPT) could secure only 15 seats, a major feat for a party that was formerly the world’s smallest opposition. In 2008 elections, DPT had a landslide victory after they won 45 seats out of 47.

Of the 47 Members of Parliament-elect, only three are women, one less compared to 2008 elections. All three are from the People’s Democratic Party. Thrimshing-Kangpara’s candidate-elect, Dorji Choden is likely to become the first woman minister of the country.

PDP’s President, Tshering Tobgay, will now go on to become the Country’s Prime Minister and the former Prime Minister; Jigmi Y.Thinley will be the Opposition Leader.

Scores of people had lined up outside their polling stations all over the country even before the polls opened at 9 AM, today. The weather has turned out to be favorable in most parts of the country as compared to rainy primary election the country saw.

There are 381,790 registered voters and around 80,000 postal voters.

12 Comments for “People's Democratic Party gallops to power”

1. Rngdl

Congrats PDP..we are really humbled.

2. soda

Congratulation!!! Please do not let us down. Graduates appearing PE should be done away from this year itself. But I would be glad if govt. observe ped day at least once a week.

• vajra

Even once in a month PED DAY would be appreciated at the least

• Logical

Still there is more than a month time for conduct of PE for graduates of 2013..so its good and upto their pledges if PDP do away with PE from very formation year of PDP government 2013. Hope you listens the words of us being wangste chirphel as ur ideology…

3. drukpimekhung

GOOD JOB PDP. I AM SO PROUD TO HEAR THIS. I KNEW IT PDP CAN MAKE IT. WELL DONE LA.VERY VERY VERY… BIG TASHI DELEK..

4. paroplotey

well done pdp hop pdp will open loans immidately as promised n other promised issues…….to the earliest

5. Monagr

I am waiting for 100 % guaranteed employment without compromising with individual interests, doing away with PE and my gas cylinders are empty.

Armed forces pay raise is also in my mind.

6. Dorji Thinley

PDP’s quote in Times India is confusing. There PDP said that Bhutan has no problems with India and ties are strong but in election, PDP has said that ties of Indo-Bhutan has weakened. Glad to seek clarification…

7. Karma

VERY VERY CONGRATULATION TO PDP, WE KNEW YOU WOULD MAKE THROUGH AND OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEE GOOD GOVERNANCE. PAL – DEN – DRUKPA – GAYLO

8. gorzilla--

Why PDP president is hiding now.He is supposed to come live on BBS on 14th but he rejected it and what is the reason behind for not coming as asked by BBS?When his Excellency JYT make the speech on same day,why can’t he….please erase your EGO and come forward to talk..lets hear your fluency in English & Dzongkha Plus remember your pledges.>YOU HAVE PROMISED TO DO AWAY WITH PE EXAM FOR GRADUATES>

Leave a Reply

+ five = 14

Copyright © 2019 BBSC.