English | Dzongkha Monday, October 23, 2017

Shack catches fire in Motithang


Jun 29, 2013

Fire-MothithangAn extended shack caught fire above Motithang Higher Secondary School in Thimphu around 6:30 pm, today.

The fire is said to have started from a pot of boiling oil. The extended shack was used for producing local potato chips, according to the granddaughter of the landlord. The granddaughter said the fire had started when her mother had been about to fry some chips. Her mother and a helper had fled from the shack when the pot caught fire fearing that the gas cylinder would burst.

There were no casualties, and no extensive damage was caused to the main building. The fire was put out by firefighters within minutes of reaching the area, but residents were quite shaken.

Leave a Reply

*


7 + three =

Copyright © 2017 BBSC.