A German runs for Bhutanese children

Norman-BuecherA German completed a non-stop run of 265 Kilometre from Trongsa to Paro Taktsang, today. Norman Buecher ran to raise funds for the Save the Children project in Bhutan.

[pullquote]

“We started our journey Sunday morning, it has been over 50 hours, it was a long journey, and yesterday was very difficult. I was tired but now I can actually see and feel Paro Taktsang, I am happy to have made it”

Norman Buecher

[/pullquote]

After packing all his necessities in a small bag, 35-year-old, Norman Buecher started his race at 6 am on April 14 from Trongsa town. He aims to reach Taktshang monastery in Paro within 60 hours. Norman says he runs for a cause.

“I have always had in my mind that other people can have a good thing happen out of my race. Other than the race when I go back to Germany and we want to race there for the Save the Children project in Bhutan. For every minute that I run in that race, you get to save that amount of money for Save the Children”.

[media id=464 width=320 height=260]

Norman ran across Pelela, and Wangdue, crossed the dochula pass and finally arrived in Paro, today. He ran alone, sticking to motor able roads the entire time. Norman ran day and night stopping only for short breaks on his route.

Norman reached his final stop at Taktsang at about 2 pm completing his run in 55 hours, way ahead of his target of 60 hours.

Top Stories

Related Stories

7 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube