Looking forward to serving my current position: Ambassador V.P.Haran

Ambassador-VPHAranFrom a conflict-torn Syria to Bhutan, one of the most peaceful places on earth, is a huge change says the new Indian Ambassador to Bhutan V.P.Haran.

He was serving as the Indian Ambassador to Syria until recently.

“…when I informed my brother that I have been posted in Thimphu, his immediate reply was –From most disturbed place to the most peaceful place in the world,” said the Ambassador. He said he has been to Punakha and have been in Thimphu for last four days. “Wonderful people and wonderful country .I am glad to be here.”

Ambassador Haran said he is looking forward to serving his current position.

“There are several things I personally admire in Bhutan. Firstly the way democracy developed in the last five years…This is something Bhutanese should be proud…”said the Ambassador. He also said the elected government has been focusing on providing certain basic facilities especially in rural areas. “I think the program set in the 10th FYP is well on track.”

Ambassador V.P. Haran joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1980.

Over a career span of more than three decades, Ambassador Haran has served in various other positions including the Deputy Permanent Representative to World Trade Organization at the Permanent Mission of India in Geneva.

He has also served at the Indian embassies in Nepal, Belgium, Moscow and Afghanistan.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube