The Yonten Lopen of the Central Monastic Body consecrated two new Sertogs on Paro Rinpung Dzong today. Her Majesty the Royal Grandmother Kesang Choden Wangchuck placed the Sertogs on the Pelden Lhamoi Lhakhang and Debi Zimchung. Earlier, the Rinpung Dzong had Sertog only on the Utse.
Later His Majesty the King installed two new Sertogs on the south and west side of the Dzong. Today’s new installations are on the east and north flank of the dzong. The Rinpung Dzong now has four Sertogs on the four sides. The Paro Rinpung Dzong was built in 1644 by the Zhabdrung, Ngawang Namgyal.