Gola Bazaar’s man

Garja Raj Rai, 41, is a well-known man in Gola Bazaar in Sibsoo. He owns the only electronics repairing shop in the town. From mobile phones to television sets and rice cookers he can repair almost any available electronics with the people there.

What is more striking is that he also accepts goods in return for his service. “Most people in village don’t have cash to pay me, so in return they give me vegetables, butter and poultry products for my service. I accept it. People also ask for credit, and I don’t have any problem because my business depends on them,” says Garja.

His business has been going well. He could not continue his studies after class X. Then he did his two year diploma in electronics repairing from George institute in Siliguri, India.

There is no dearth of customers. And there is no dearth of customers. “If he is not here we have to repair our electronics at the nearby Indian towns of Nagarkatta, Birpara, Siliguri or even to Phuentsholing sometimes. It is time consuming and expensive also,” says one of the local residents.

A good example of self-employment, Garja and his family solely depends on this business. He earns around Nu. 1500 ngultrum. Like any other businessmen he also he says he hopes to expand his business.

Top Stories

Related Stories

3 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube