Govt. distributes free hand sanitizers to the public in Thimphu

Most people were greeted with bare shelves when they went looking for hand sanitizers, face masks and soaps among others. To supplement the market shortage, the government today distributed free hand sanitizers to the public in Thimphu.

Norzin Lam, Centenary Farmer’s Market, JDWNRH and Clock tower in Thimphu saw a queue of people trying to get their share of hand sanitizers today. Each person was provided 100 ml of the solution. Overwhelmed, people acknowledged the government’s effort.

“With the government’s effort, even if there is no medication and cure for coronavirus, a little effort such as providing hand sanitizer to help people is very thoughtful, I am thankful for it,” said Kinley Sithub, a resident of Thimphu.

“Yesterday, when I went to buy hand sanitizer, all were sold out except for soaps. Today, we are thankful to the government for distributing this,” added Karma Tobgay.

“We went all around the market, we couldn’t find any hand sanitizers. I am very happy that the government is providing us with this today. Even if I am in the queue and tired, I am very happy today that I finally have a hand sanitizer,” said Damber Kumari Gautam.

The Health Ministry prepared the alcohol-based hand-rub with spirit and glycerine. As per the Prime Minister’s Office page on Facebook, the same solution is used in health centres across the country.

Although the public is provided with the hand rub, the health officials encourage handwashing with soap as the primary method to maintain hygiene.

The service will be expanded to other Dzongkhags as well.

Samten Dolkar

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube