Locals want Gedu to be a satellite town to get the basic amenities

While meeting with the Prime Minister, the business community of Gedu in Chhukha raised concerns about the town, yesterday. Gedu town today is deprived of basic amenities such as streetlight, footpath and road among others.

“Gedu town doesn’t fall under Dzongkhag administration nor it is under gewog. The town, therefore, doesn’t have proper amenities such as a streetlight, road, footpath, etc. We would be thankful if it is included under satellite town,” said Pala Dorji, from Gedu, Chhukha.

The dzongkhag administration says that the dzongkhag is in the process of developing structural plan for Gedu. It may take a year. But, once it is finalized, the town will have all the necessary amenities and solve the pertaining issues in the town.

People also raised concerns about the hospital.

“Government has done a lot for the hospital here. The hospital provides services to four gewogs of Geling, Getana, Bongo and Darla. People from Tala hydropower authority and school students in the area too avail the services here. As the population in the region is increasing, we are worried about the resources in the hospital,” said Ugyen Dorji, from Gedu, Chhukha.

Prime Minister says, like the town, the hospital has also been left as it is and it deserves to be upgraded.

“Gedu hospital deserves to be upgraded to a general hospital. I do not know how long it will take, but I see the need here. I hope it will be upgraded before my term ends. I will do my best. People should not think that it is not happening sooner though I have promised to work on it. It is a long term planning. Once planned, things will automatically come in place. If we don’t plan now, the hospital will remain as it is,” said Dr Lotay Tshering, the Prime Minister.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister also attended the 11th foundation day of Gedu college of business studies yesterday.

Sonam Penjor

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube