A Sub-health post in Jangchhubling without a HA, Samdrup Jongkhar

Inauguration of a sub-health post at Jangchhubling chiwog in Samdrup Jongkhar in November last year gave some hope for the locals for uninterrupted health services. But even today, there is no health assistant.

Villagers of Rimoong, Nagzor-Wooling and Jangchhubling chiwogs continues to travel to Orong Basic health unit.

The ceremonial scarf still hangs at the entrance of the Wooling sub-post in Orong Gewog promising people of easy access to health facilities. But the sub-post has been locked since then. Villagers thought after the inauguration they will not have to travel almost 20 kilometres to the Orong basic health unit. But without a health assistant, all of this seems a little far-fetched.

“We are told that we will get one health assistant soon but we did not get any so far. I don’t know what could be the reason. We have to go to Orong BHU now and then. I don’t have a vehicle so I hire vehicle after paying Nu 1000,” said Pema Lhamo, from Jangchhubling in Orong Gewog.

“During emergencies, without a health assistant, we face many problems here,” added Nawang Dorji, also from Jangchhubling.

“If we have a health assistant here, it will benefit about 200 households and about 2000 people,” Karchung, the Jangchhubling Tshopga, said.

But the sub-post will get a  Health Assistant only by next year. Today, health officials visit the sub-post to provide services, twice in a month.

“We are working with Ministry of Health, we have put up a proposal and they have approved regular staff at Wooling sub-post by January and February month,” said  Pema Tshewang, the Sr. Dzongkhag Health Officer in Samdrup Jongkhar.

Until then, the Nu 2 M sub-post at Jangchubling chiwog might remain closed, most of the time.

Kinley Wangchuk

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube