Story of a physically challenged student

Tshering Lhamo, is a student with special need at Zangtherpo Community Primary School under Chhoekhor gewog in Bumthang is doing well. Despite her disability, the 10-year-old attends classes like any other normal children. She became physically disabled when she was seven months old.

Today, Tshering learnt to write with her feet. BBS Bumthang correspondent says Tshering listens attentively and carefully to her teacher in the class. After the lesson, Tshering takes the notes using her feet. Tshering Lhamo said she enjoys the company of other children like to be in the school. According to the teachers she is good in studies and they do not face difficulty while teaching or communicating with her.

[media id=130 width=320 height=260]

Since Tshering Lhamo is disabled, her parents were hesitant to admit her to school. It was the school’s principal who admitted her to the school last year. “When I saw her, she showed me some writings and wrote some alphabets with her leg, said the school principal Karma Tshering.

I asked her if she is willing to go to school. She said yes. I told her parents to bring her the next day” added the principal. Zangtherpo community primary school opened in 1998. has 281 students and 9 teachers.

Top Stories

Related Stories

5 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube