Special card for Khasadrapchu MSS toppers

It was a special day today at the Khasadrapchu Middle Secondary School in the capital. The student toppers of the school received a prestigious congratulatory card directly from His Majesty the King. The cards carry the Royal Signature of His Majesty the King, complimenting the students for their performance, encouraging them to continue the good work and wishing another great year.

The prestigious congratulatory card was awarded to the student toppers by the Thimphu Dzongda on behalf of His Majesty the King.

The Dzongda will be distributing similar cards to student toppers from Thimphu Dzongkhag in the coming days. Speaking to the students, the Dzongda, Lhab Dorji, said the card was being given in front of all the students so that it would encourage them to work hard and get this opportunity to receive the card from His Majesty the King.

“All the students, if you work hard and behave well then anyone of you can get this opportunity to receive the card. This certificate does not look at the family background of the student. It is in your hands. If you work hard and top in your class then you will have the opportunity to get the certificate.”

Four students from the school received the card. Altogether 109 students will be receiving the card in Thimphu Dzongkhag.

“I am happy I got this certificate and would like to thank His Majesty the King. This is an encouragement for me to work even harder,” said Pema Euden.

“I am very happy that today I got this certificate. When I was studying in class six  I was the overall topper and I got this certificate from His Majesty the King. So I am very happy and I would like to thank His Majesty that he made this certificate for me. I want to encourage all my friends to work hard and get this type of certificate in the future,” said Sujala Sunwar.

Similar congratulatory cards will be given to all the toppers in the country. The practice was initiated in 2007 by His Majesty and now will systematically cover all the student-toppers of every school in Bhutan.

With the command from His Majesty the King, the Office of Gyalpoi Zimpoen collects the results from the schools, traces the students and later also monitors their performance during the year.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube