English | Dzongkha Monday, October 23, 2017

BHSL helps reduce power stations’ expenses by Nu 145 M

Establishment of Bhutan Hydropower Services Limited (BHSL) in Jigmeling, Sarpang, has helped reduce the annual maintenance expenses of power stations by Nu 145 M.

Paro and Haa see drop in sandalwood smuggling cases

The number of sandalwood smuggling cases has seen a drastic drop in Paro and Haa in 2015 as compared to the year before. Officials say strict vigilance and stricter penalties have deterred offenders from smuggling the prized sandalwood.

Lifting of Iran’s sanctions to impact fuel price

Fuel prices are likely to decrease further with major oil producing country; Iran entering the global market after sanctions on the country’s oil exports was lifted Saturday.

PM meets winter youth programme’s participants

The Prime Minister, Tshering Tobgay met with the participants of the Third Winter Youth Engagement Programme in Gyalpoizhing under Monggar, today. Close to 680 girls from six Eastern Districts are attending the camp.

Prayers flags removed for safety measure

To make Mebartsho in Bumthang safer for the visitors, prayer flags strung by the lake were removed, today. Bumthang officials say prayer flags by the lake pose risk as it blocks the entire view of the lake.

Girl feared drowned

A 13-year-old girl is feared drowned in Mangdechhu at around 3:30pm today.

Forensic reports not definite: Forensic Specialist

None of the forensic report that comes out of the country is definite. According to the Forensic Unit of the National Referral Hospital in Thimphu, about 60 percent of the results are deduced based on physical injuries and the result for the rest 40 percent are not known at all.

PM to send BOiC officials to gewogs in Trashigang

The Prime Minister will be sending officials from the Business Opportunity and Information Centre (BOiC) to Thrimshing, Kangpar and Lumang Gewogs in Trashigang to encourage people to avail services from the centre.

Chopper, supposed to ferry mother and triplets, fails to land

The chopper, supposed to ferry mother and her prematurely-born triplets, could not land at the Gelegphu Airport today, because of poor weather condition.

Rescued animals’ own Good Samaritan

Koniya was rescued a month ago. The mule had broken her legs in an accident. She would have died had she not been rescued by Maya Foundation; a US registered Non Governmental Organization.

Copyright © 2017 BBSC.