Fabrication firm in Pema Gatshel yet to secure customers

After overcoming numerous hurdles to establish a fabrication firm in Pema Gatshel, the owners of the firm dared to dream big. However, eight months into their entrepreneurial journey, they are still having a hard time securing customers. They say that residents of Pema Gatshel continue to source fabricated products from nearby districts due to a lack of advertisements about their business.

Tashi Dargay, a 22-year-old, along with his younger brother, established the firm with the backing of their parents.

They have yet to receive any orders except for some welding tasks. Despite crafting fabricated products, these remain idle, awaiting buyers.

“I completed fabrication training in Punakha, and my interest in operating such a unit led me to start one in the district, as we do not have such a business here. However, perhaps due to the newness of the firm, people are not yet aware of my business, and I have not received any orders so far.”

He added that there is a dearth of customers, possibly due to the firm’s location and lack of advertisements.

The fabrication firm is situated in Shumar Gewog’s Borangchilo village.

“Many young people, myself included, are interested in pursuing such work. Although no one has come forward to buy the products yet, I hope that the people of Pema Gatshel and other districts will support the youth.”

While there may not be high demand for their products, they anticipate receiving some orders due to the ongoing construction in Denchi town.

They have priced their products similarly to those in Samdrup Jongkhar or even lower, aiming to attract customers.

Leaving no stone unturned, Tashi and his brother are considering relocating their firm closer to a highway.

Thinley Dorji, Pema Gatshel

Edited by Tshering Zam

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube