All Phuentshogling Thrompon candidates pledge to develop the town holistically

Water crisis, traffic congestion and housing crunch were some of the issues as the four Thrompon candidates of Phuentshogling faced each other during the public debate on Wednesday. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, this time, the debate was conducted with a limited audience seated maintaining physical distancing. It was telecast LIVE on national television.

The candidates are all optimistic about the future of the town. They expressed their confidence in their plans to develop the town. The candidates believe that the town has a greater opportunity to grow holistically.

“I am confident that I can fulfil the promises I made in my manifesto. It is imperative that we get the basic necessities like water, road and electricity. Once we get them, the development will happen automatically. I have included all these in my manifesto and I will make it happen,” said Chhungku Dawa, one of the thrompon candidates for Phuentshogling Thromde.

“Phuentshogling township development project is currently under the process. It is a big project in the Amochhu area. It may take few more years to complete. Once complete, it is a great opportunity for all in terms of business and development,” said Devi Charan Dhimal, a thrompon candidate for Phuentshogling Thromde.

“Phuentshogling is full of opportunities. If we contest to gain authority, then it won’t benefit the town. We should add value to the existing facilities. We should build infrastructure in empty spaces, make flower gardens, harvest rainwater and store them. We can treat it and make it drinkable if needed. We can also use the water in the garden and produce agricultural products and sell it to other regions,” said Karma Gelay, also a thrompon candidate for Phuentshogling Thromde.

“If we are to hand over a brighter future to the next generation, it is important we build a good foundation. If we fail now, we cannot mend it in future. We should start planning for the next 10 to 20 years and even for 100 years from now. I have experienced it from the current situation of the town. The town was not well planned before, so we are currently finding it difficult to develop,” added Uttar Kumar Rai, one of the thrompon candidate for Phuentshogling Thromde.

The candidates also said that the town has better chances of growing faster as it is the commercial hub in the country. They also focused on giving equal priorities to the extended areas of Pasakha and Pekarzhing.

The candidates will continue door to door campaign till April 26, two days before the poll day. There are over 900 registered voters in Phuentshogling thromde.

Sonam Penjor, Phuentshogling

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube