English | Dzongkha Friday, November 24, 2017

Preparations underway to receive Kudung of Dungse Rinpoche

Jan 30, 2012

File Photo

The Kudung of late Dungse Thinley Norbu Rinpoche is scheduled to arrive in Paro on Wednesday. The final rites will be held on third of March at Dagophu in Lango, Paro.

Our reporter, Chimi Dorji, says that the preparations are in full swing to receive the Kudung in Paro. The final rites will be held at Dagophu in Lango on 3rdMarch.  The Kudung will be kept in Paro from February 1 till February 4 for the public to offer their last prayers.

The Secretary of Rangjung Foundation, Phub Dorji Tangbi, said due to parking problem in the area, a shuttle bus will be available to transport devotees from Lango school ground to Dagophu.

The Kudung will be flown to Yonphula where it will be taken to Rangjung Woesel Choeling monastery in Trashigang on February 5.  It will then be taken to Chador Lhakhang in Bartsam and Yonphula Lhakhang before flown back to Paro on February 15.

The purjang ceremony will be conducted by the reincarnation of late Dudjom Jigdrel Yeshe Dorji, Tulku Sangye Pema.

Born in 1931, late Dungse Rinpoche was a prominent master of the Nyingma lineage, a renowned teacher and an author of numerous books on Buddhist teachings.Late Dungse Rinpoche was the eldest son of Dudjomrinpoche and father of Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche and Garab Rinpoche.

Dungse Rinpoche passed away on December 27 in California, United States. Rinpoche last visited Bhutan in October 2009, on the invitation of Prime Minister Jigmi Y Thinley.

2 Comments for “Preparations underway to receive Kudung of Dungse Rinpoche”

1. Sonam Gyamtsho

Its a great loss to the Buddhist world. We have lost a very prominent spiritual leader. Therefore, we must pray with all our hearts for his return to the world sooner than later for the benefit of all the sentient beings.

2. Great Master of Dudjom Tersar, HH Dungse Thinley Norbu Rinpoche will be missed by many followers around the world. I fortunately in my life recieved Baza Guru Lung during HH visit to Bhutan in 2009. I owe great respect and gratitude to HH DTNR. I pray for HH quick return to Earth to complete HH un-finished works and teachings. As I have great faith in HHDTNR, HH will always remain in my heart. I hope HH will be Re-turner on the earth .

May HH be Blessed by Four Empowerment of Guru Rinpoche:

May Guru Rinpoche Bless HH with his Body Wang(Ku),
    May Guru Rinpoche Bless HH with his Speech Wang(Sung),
    May Guru Rinpoche Bless HH with his Mind Wang(Thug),
    May HH rest in Peace in the Zangto Pelri Zhingkham of Guru Rinpoche.

Guru Rinpche Kheno

Jambay Tashi,
    GNHC

Leave a Reply

eight + = 13

Copyright © 2017 BBSC.