Princess Mako tries archery

Her Imperial Highness Princess Mako, draped in Bhutanese national dress, tried her hand at an archery and khuru and witnessed a degor match at the Changlimithang ground in Thimphu today.

The Princess also interacted with the students.

Towards the afternoon, Princess Mako explored textiles from different parts of the country at the Royal Textile Academy.

Yesterday, Her Imperial Highness graced a reception held in her Honour. Her Royal Highness Princess Eeuphelma Choden Wangchuck graced the event as the chief guest. The Prime Minister and other senior dignitaries also attended the event.

Her Imperial Highness thanked the people of Bhutan for the warm welcome. She also shared of her meeting with His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen. Her Imperial Highness added that she felt grateful listening His Majesty’s gracious words and shared how she came to know about Bhutan.

“My parents, Prince and Princess Akishino visited Bhutan in 1997, when I was 5 years old,” said the Princess. “Their visit made me aware of Bhutan for the first time, and the strong impression I gained of the national flag with its dragon, the beautiful traditional costumes, and the smile on people’s faces, made me want to visit Bhutan someday”.

Her Imperial Highness also expressed her appreciation to Their Majesties and the Bhutanese people for the support during the 2011 earthquake that struck Japan.

“Their Majesties the King and the Queen were the first State Guests after the disaster,” said Princess Mako. “Their Majesties’ compassion and heartfelt words in Fukushima prefecture were an encouragement to the people in the affected areas and will remain in the hearts of the Japanese people”.

Her Imperial Highness said that many Japanese were attracted to Bhutan’s development philosophy of Gross National Happiness.

The Princess will grace the opening of the third Royal Bhutan Flower Exhibition tomorrow at the Memorial Chorten and will visit the National Institute of Zorig Chusum before heading to Paro.

Her Imperial Highness arrived in the country June 1 on a week-long state visit at the invitation of His Majesty The King.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube