English | Dzongkha Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Two stabbed in two separate incidences

Damcho Zam, Thimphu
Aug 29, 2016

A 42-year-old man has been detained for allegedly stabbing his wife multiple times at Taba in Thimphu, last morning. The wife is in a critical condition and undergoing surgery at the National Referral Hospital.

The woman sustained multiple cuts all over her body including forehead.

Police had arrested the husband after an unknown person complained about the incident.

The suspect told police they started quarrelling after the wife came home late from an official gathering.

In another case, a 25-year-old woman is under Thimphu police custody for allegedly stabbing her husband, last morning. She had called the police to report domestic violence when the police arrested her.

The woman, in her statement to the police, said her husband came home under the influence of alcohol.

When she started questioning him, the woman said, her husband got a knife from the kitchen and provoked her to stab him. She had then stabbed him twice, on the head and hand.

The husband, who was under observation in the hospital, has been discharged.

1 Comment for “Two stabbed in two separate incidences”

1. R. Vania

I am a writer, presently working on a novel that includes scenes in Bhutan. Since I live the in the USA, I depend on research and news sites such as yours for information. While there is a multitude of wonderful things about Bhutan, societies all over the world have their problems as well. While this news article on the stabbings was not pleasant news, it is an example of how your news service can be trusted to be unbiased. You report both the good things that happen and the problems. I am sure your other readers appreciate your balanced reporting as much as I do. Only by openly recognising problematic issues can a society work to improve. “Bravo” to your editor and staff!

Leave a Reply

− 2 = seven

Copyright © 2017 BBSC.