English | Dzongkha Monday, May 20, 2019

A book titled, “Phallus, Crazy Wisdom from Bhutan” launched

Jan 22, 2014

Phallus.A book titled “Phallus, Crazy Wisdom” from Bhutan was launched today in the capital.

The book, authored by Karma Choden, a freelance consultant, was launched by His Eminence Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse Rinpoche.Phallus

The author, Karma Choden, said the book is an attempt to preserve the rich “phallus” culture that Bhutan has.

The book contains various stories and images of phallus culture from all over Bhutan.

Lam Drukpa Kunley, the ‘Divine Mad Man’, sparked off this culture with his unorthodox teaching methods of the Dharma.

18 Comments for “A book titled, “Phallus, Crazy Wisdom from Bhutan” launched”

1. Tshokye

Where can we buy this book?

2. sonam phuntsho

can Bhutan have a phallus tower constructed.

3. Dema

I too want to buy one. Please locate us the location. I can forsee that it will be very very interesting…..

4. bhutjolokia

are phallus available with electric cells ?

5. pim pong

The way people are commenting.. the culture is always preserved… see, they are so curious and looking for the book.. hahaha .. keep it up..

6. KD

where can we buy the book? i think we should construct a very big phallus as a sign of our unique culture and tradition.

7. Grant Grantov

Great! Amazing! Magnificent!..Long live the Drugpa Kunleg of our times Lama Dzongsar Norbu!

8. tata

This openness side of our culture is something I admire the most. Bhutanese are, in general, more open than many cultures around the world. I think it’s always good to be open minded and have the sense of appreciation…

9. Kinzang

Come on BBS. Spell correctly. We look up to you and our children follow you. Please check correct spelling for ‘devine’.

• sonam

the word bbs has written is right…”devine” means god like…so better watch out there is no such word as you have suggested(devine)…look before you speak…

10. bhutjolokia

correct spelling is: DIVINE .no reason to get confused.

11. KarmaG

Dear Karma Choden,

You have done good job in preserving our history, hope people will have now easy access to such information through your book. As a tour operator, it will really help me as well to explain to my in coming guests, thanks for that. CONGRATULATION!!!

Regards
    Adorable Bhutan Tours & Expedition

12. karma

Madam Karma, Do u think that really Lam Drukpa Kinley sparked off this culture with his unorthodox teaching methods of the Dharma.

13. karma

ཁྱོད་ཀྱི་ཕོ་མཚན་གྱི་སྐོར་ལས་བྲིས་མི་འདི་ལུ་བདེན་པ་ག་དེམ་ཅིག་ཡོད། ང་གིས་ལྟ་བ་ཅིན་ བླམ་འབྲུག་པ་ཀུན་ལེགས་མཆོག་གིས་ ཨམ་སྲུ་ལུ་འདོད་སྤྱོད་འབད་འབད་བའི་རྣམ་ཐར་མ་གཏོགས་ བླམ་འབྲུག་པ་ཀུན་ལེགས་ཀྱིས་ཕོ་མཚན་གྱི་ལུགས་དར་ཁྱབ་བཏང་གཏངམ་ཨིན་ཟེར་མིའི་སྐོར་ལས་རྣམ་ཐར་ནང་མ་མཇལ་ ཀི་དེབ་བརྩམས་མི་དང་འགོ་བྱེད་གནང་མི་གཉིས་ཆ་ར་ཐུགས་བཞེད་ལེགས་ཤོམ་གནང་དགོཔ་འདུག་ཟེར་ཞུ་ནི་ཨིན།།

14. Manus 2013

I think Lam Drukpa Kuenley could be remembered forever by going through this book.

15. Kezang Dorji

Madam Karma Choden, a freelance consultant & our people were very much interested with phallus to preserve our culture in our own way.

Leave a Reply

8 + = thirteen

Copyright © 2019 BBSC.