Dorokha Idol 2013

DorokhaIdol2013It was a fun fiesta. The three-day annual sports and cultural event in Dorokha had it all- from sporting competition to singing competition. Dorokha Idol, a singing competition, was popular drawing a huge crowd, according to our reporter, Karma Wangdi.

Our reporter said that the residents packed the hall at Dorokha Middle Secondary School on Sunday evening, to watch their singing contestants.

The show was organised in a dimly lit hall. With power fluctuating every time, a generator was used to prevent interruptions in the show.

Migma Tshering, a class V student of Taba Damtoeb Lower Secondary School was declared as the Dorokha Idol 2013. And he was the youngest of the five finalists.

“Coming to Dorokha School and winning the title of Dorokha Idol 2013 really made me happy. I hope to excel in my studies too,” said the elated winner, Migma Tshering.

Dhan Bahadur and Lhamo Dukpa from Dorokha MSS were the first and second runners-up respectively. Some of the civil servants in the Dungkhag said they enjoyed the three-day break. The event brought the people of four Gewogs under the Dungkhag together.

Top Stories

Related Stories

4 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube