English | Dzongkha Tuesday, November 21, 2017

BBS doing it’s bit for Wangduephodrang Dzong

Jun 29, 2012

Bhutan Broadcasting Service (BBS) today launched its fund raising programme for the reconstruction of Wangduephodrang dzong. The debut programme this evening managed to raise Nu.6,28,488.81.

The three-hour LIVE programme had the Chief Justice Lyonpo Sonam Tobgye, the Yangbi Lopen of the Zhung Dratshang, Chimi and the Chairman of Lhaki Group of Companies, Dasho Ugyen Dorji as guests.

The fundraising program will be broadcast LIVE every Friday evening, from 3 to 6 pm. Apart from making calls during the show, people can commit their contributions through SMS from next week.

1 Comment for “BBS doing it’s bit for Wangduephodrang Dzong”

1. Sangay Tenzing

Kind attention: Mr Dawa, BBS reporter, Thimphu

Dear Dawa,

First of all, I would like to convey my appreciation to the BBSC management for initiating LIVE programme to raise fund for reconstruction of new Wangdue Dzong. It is indeed a noble initiative.
    Well Dawa, civil servants are purely dependent on their monthly salary. Hence, to commit a lump sum amount at a time may be very difficult. Although there is no restriction to voluntary contribution, I am sure those wishing to contribute one hundred ngultrum and below may not be comfortable to come forward. So to provide every civil servant an equal opportunity to support this noble cause, why don’t you propose Ministry of Finance to design a mechanism whereby volunteer civil servants could contribute on monthly installment basis till the construction is complete. This system would encourage every civil servant of lower grade including armed force personnel to come forward.
    If construction is expected to complete in five years, then civil servants wishing to contribute would work out as:-
    Nu 1000 X 12 months X 5 years = 60,000.00 (Nu Sixty thousand) only.
    Nu 500 X 12 months X 5 years = 30,000.00 (Nu Thirty thousand) only.
    Nu 100 X 12 Months X 5 Years = 6,000.00 (Nu Six Thousand) only.
    30000 salaried people coming forward to contribute minimum of Nu 100/- for five years would make Nu 180,000,000/- (Nu One hundred eighty million). Even a driver and messenger can afford to contribute Nu 100/- a month for five years because such a small deduction will not pinch their pockets. Less deduction=more contribution.
    I am sorry, I could not get online. Hence, I am suggesting my opinion in written.
    Yours sincerely,

(Sangay Tenzing)
    Regional Immigration Office
    Phuentsholing

Leave a Reply

four + = 11

Copyright © 2017 BBSC.