Ninda Dema, the first person to receive the COVID vaccine urges everyone to take the jab

Bhutan rolled out its nationwide COVID-19 vaccination drive today. From more than 500,000 people who have registered for the vaccine, Ninda Dema from Paro was the first person to receive the jab today. In line with the Buddhist astrology, Ninda (30), born in the monkey year, received the jab at 9.30 am from a female health worker who is also 30 years old.

Talking to BBS, Sonam Rinchen, the vice-principal of Pangrizampa Astrology School, said it is very important to do everything according to astrology since Bhutan is a Buddhist country.”If it’s not done according to a good Zakar, the result won’t be good. When we check the year, the monkey year is found to be the best year to do any kind of work and particularly a female born in monkey year will bring a lot of luck this year,” he said.

Ninda Dema received the vaccine from Tshering Zangmo (30), the health worker, at the Lungtenzampa Middle Secondary School in Thimphu. Ninda said she is happy and honoured to be the first person to receive the vaccine. And 30 minutes after the observation period, she said she feels the same.

“I feel completely okay. I would like to thank each and everyone in the country for your prayer and when I took the vaccination I just prayed that may the prayers of our monarch, His Holiness the Je Khenpo and the government and all the people in the country prevail over this illness so I would like to request every one to take this as an individual responsibility and get vaccinated,” she said.

Followed by Ninda, the Prime Minister and his family members, cabinet ministers, and a lot of other people came forward for the vaccination. They shared their feelings and thoughts on getting vaccinated.

“I have taken the vaccine and there is no sign of adverse effects. Rather I am very proud and happy that I am vaccinated. I wish all the people to participate and take the vaccine,” said Jai Bir Rai, the Education Minister. 

“I am occasionally unwell and I have ulcer but with the feeling that the vaccine is helpful, I took the jab. It’s not only going to help me but others as well,” said Rinzin Bidha.

The first dose of the Covishield vaccination campaign in the country will be completed within one week with over 80,000 people vaccinated across the country so far.

Kelzang Choden

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube