eKaaSel- online grievances redressal system receives good response from public

Since its roll out in December last year, the online Grievances Redressal system, ‘eKaaSel’ under the cabinet secretariat received good response from the public.

In a month’s time the Public Services and Grievances Redressal Division (PSGRD) or former G2C office has received 34 complaints of which 14 were related to Economic Affairs Ministry’s POL mCoupon, an online system for supply of cooking gas and petroleum oil lubricant products. In total, the division has attended 30 grievances.

Although the online grievances redressal system currently captures only the ten ministries, the division receives grievances on issues such as connectivity, land, and Thromde services. “For an instance, we had an applicant residing in Babesa area and he spoke about not having water some times. So we forwarded the application to Thromde and when we followed up with Thromde in about a week’s time we were very happy to know that they had already attended to the grievance,” said Lungten Zangmo, the Chief of PSGRD.  “And also the applicant got in touch with our office and  told  that the Thromde officials have attended to his concern.”

The office showed records of applications received and actions taken either directly by the office or those forwarded to the concerned agencies. The concerned applicant from Babesa whose grievance was redressed said, “Before putting up my complaint on eKaaSel, I requested plumbers to fix the water. But in spite of my plea, they rejected. Then I submitted my grievance on eKaaSel system and within no time, my complaint was attended.”

The Public Services and Grievances Redressal Division said, they assess the grievances and redressed it only if that’s doable by them. The office forwards complaints with regard to policy matters which require intervention to the concerned agencies.

The office is hoping to strengthen public service delivery by integrating all the agencies in to the online grievance redressal system, in addition to the ten ministries.  The online system was launched to provide platform for citizens to submit feedback and grievances on public services.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube