7th Camp Raven Sports Day held in Thimphu

Participants of the Seventh Camp Raven- the children of the armed force personnel- competed in various track and field events at its Sports Day held in Thimphu today.

Camp Raven was initiated in 2012 upon the Royal Command of His Majesty The King to allow the children of armed force personnel to spend their holidays productively.

For some of the participants, it is their third taking part in Camp Raven.  The experience has helped For Passang, one of the participants,  brush his sporting skills among others. “In the past, I played only football and basketball, but now I play volleyball too,” he said.

“It’s not just about learning to play new games but also about learning to play in team and developing sportsmanship.”

15-year-old Chimi Wangmo bagged two gold and a silver. Apart from excelling in sports, Chimi is a better person now. She is also a better communicator. “I have learnt a lot,” she said. “I met with beautiful friends and my communication skills have improved a lot.”

The children of Royal Body Guard (RBG) personnel topped the medal tally with nine gold, eight silver, and eight bronze medals. The camp ends Sunday.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube