His Majesty grants citizenship kidu to 137 individuals

His Majesty The King granted citizenship Kidu to 137 individuals yesterday. The recipients took an Oath of Allegiance to the Tsa-Wa-Sum at the Kuenrey of the Tashichhodzong.

With this, His Majesty has now granted citizenship Kidu to over 9,000 individuals.

Rudra Chhetri is among the group who received citizenship Kidu yesterday. “I have already served the Tsa Wa Sum for 30 years and would like to serve further with utmost sincerity, honesty and dedication,” he said.

“I am very happy to receive citizenship,” said Sitara Chhetri, another recipient. “I would like to thank His Majesty The King and will serve the Tsa wa Sum.”

Beneta Tamang said yesterday was the most important day of her life.

“Till now, even after completing studies, it was difficult to get a job without citizenship identity card,” she shared.

Amber Bahadur Ghaley has served the government for 34 years. “I will superannuate next year and want to serve the government with utmost sincerity.”

The ceremony to confer citizenship to the individuals was attended by the Prime Minister, the Home Minister and officials from the home ministry and the judiciary.

Top Stories

Related Stories

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube