English | Dzongkha Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Two die from mushroom poisoning

Jul 28, 2011

A 13-year-old boy and a 44-year-old man from Trashigang died after consuming poisonous mushroom on July 21. The boy died three days after eating the mushroom and the man died two days later. They were from Phegpari under Thrimshing Dungkhag.

The wife of the 44-year-old man had also consumed the mushroom but only a little compared to her husband and nephew. She is being treated at the Monggar Regional Referral Hospital. She said the mushroom was brought by her husband.

Her husband and nephew were admitted in the Reserbu hospital in Wamrong on the night of July 21, after they started vomiting and suffering from diarrhoea. After three days, they left the hospital despite the doctor insisting that they stay back for observation. They returned the next day to the hospital. The 13-year-old boy died later that day. The 44-year-old man was referred to the Monggar Regional Referral hospital where he died of liver failure.

Leave a Reply

9 × = twenty seven

Copyright © 2021 BBSC.