MoLHR attempts to rebuild vocation trainings’ image

MoLHR attempts to rebuild vocation trainings’ image-Through its first winter camp in Trashigang, the Ministry of Labour and Human Resources (MoLHR) is advocating and encouraging youth to take up vocation trainings as a viable career option.

“… This camp is designed to tell the youth not to get carried away by the social stigma, which the community describes as 3D, dangerous, down looked and difficult,” said MoLHR’s labour director, Kinley Wangdi.

He said unlike in the past, vocation trainings now have a career ladder. From national certificate 1, 2, 3, a trainee could go on to get a diploma, degree and masters. “The sky’s the limit.”

The camp has managed to attract 95 students from 16 schools under Trashigang, Pema Gatshel, Trashi Yangtse, Monggar, Samdrup Jongkhar and Lhuentse.MoLHR attempts to rebuild vocation trainings’ image

All of them appeared for class X examination, last year.

They are being taught basics of electricity, carpentry, computer hardware and automobile.

Participating students said the camp is productive and encouraging.

“I have learned house-wiring. I learned how and what are the benefits if I join this institute,” said Karma Jamtsho of Tangmachu Middle Secondary School.

Sonam Choden of Radhi Middle Secondary School said she is not sure if she would get through class X examination. “So the knowledge that I get from here can be of big help in the future.”

The vocational camp is organised to mark the 60th Birth Anniversary of His Majesty the fourth Druk Gyalpo.

From next year, it will be an annual event. The camp will end tomorrow.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube