Stray dogs cause nuisance in Haa

Stray-Dogs--HaaA pack of stray dogs that escaped from the dog pound in Haa have been attacking people as well as cattle in the Dzongkhag. The local people say they were several instances where dogs had attacked the residents.

Just, recently a man had been bitten on his right leg by stray dogs and had to be referred to the National Referral Hospital in Thimphu.  Another had barely escaped being bitten by climbing a tree. Countless calves have also been attacked by the dogs.

Some of the students were also bitten. “Four students were bitten by the dogs and I myself was also been bitten. We sent a written complaint to the Dzongkhag, but nothing has been done,” said the School’s Principal, Kuenzang Tenzin.

Aap Sangay Dorji said his calf was attacked and killed by the dogs. “I saw about 15 dogs attacking my calf.”

The dog pound was constructed by the Dzongkhag Municipal office in 2008 but the pound is now empty.

“We reported the case to the Gup, Tshogpa and to the Dzongkhag but nothing has been done so far. We urge the Dzongkhag to take care of these dogs. We feel very insecure walking,” said Aum Yeshey Om.

The Dzongrab said the issue of the vicious dogs will be discussed on Monday at the Dzongkhag Tshogdu.

Top Stories

Related Stories

4 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube