Y-PEER course go online

Youth Peer Education Network or Y-PEER Bhutan officially launched its courses online. It means interested young people will now have better access to learn and advocate about adolescent reproductive and sexual health and other youth-related issues. Functioning under the education ministry, Y-PEER Bhutan is the largest youth network in the country.  

Y-PEER Bhutan developed the e-courses to keep the peer-to-peer education network active in all situations. They cover three aspects – sensitization, orientation, and National Training of Trainers – of youth-related issues. 14 core members of Y-PEER Bhutan were involved in drafting the e-course manuals.

“After the completion of the course, the participants will be well aware of sexual reproductive health and rights (SRHR), gender-based issues and other various youth-related issues, and they will also be well equipped to help the peer in any aspect,” said Rangjung Dorji, the National Focal point in charge of the Y-PEER Bhutan.

The youth group conducted two online programmes to pilot the project before its official launch on Friday. The third course will start next week. More than 200 participants registered for the programme.

According to Dorji, a Y-PEER Bhutan Member, says the e-course will help the vulnerable sections of the young population. Y-PEER Bhutan Member (ENG) “I think that after launching this E-course it will benefit many lives that are in vulnerable stage,” he said.

Another member, Ayeshwini Lama, says she has developed a lot of skills after joining Y-PEER. She also says she went through a lot of personal development. ” I think I enhanced my leadership skills by being able to train other people and educate young people on SRHR,” she added.

As per the Y-PEER Bhutan website, there are more than 1500 registered members in some 26 colleges and institutes in the country. It started in 2012 as part of the global youth movement, Y-PEER, created by UNFPA International.

Yeshey Dema (Intern)

Edited by Sonam Wangdi

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube