Bammung Entrepreneur Club- hands-on experience cultivating mushrooms, Yurung Central School

Bammung entrepreneur, a mushroom business idea by the Yurung Central School in Pema Gatshel is one of the winners of the Bhutan New Venture Challenge last year. Bhutan New Venture Challenge is a business idea competition held by the Labour Ministry to promote Bhutanese Entrepreneurship. Today, the school’s business idea is slowly turning into reality with the introduction of the Bammung Entrepreneur Club in the school.

The members of the recently formed Bammung Entrepreneur club in Yurung Central School are seen constructing a mushroom cultivation shed. Currently, there are 17 members in the club.

“Teachers have to support students and it’s important to help open doors to their future. With the formation of the club, students will learn how to manage budget and where to utilise them. They will also learn about the management of such projects. We hope that we will be able to help solve the unemployment issues in the future. We will enhance their knowledge and skills,” said Kezang Choda, the Coordinator of the Bammung Entrepreneur Club in the school.

And for the students, it all about learning new things.

“After joining the club, I expect to learn more. I am not aware of such construction work. But today, I know how to make the foundation and construction of walls and other works too. It is very beneficial for us,” said Kinley Penjor, a member of the club.

“It is very important to know about everything. Things become much easier when one is skilled and aware of everything,” added Sonam Tobgay, also a member.

“I am learning many new things now. Until today, I didn’t have any construction knowledge. Moreover, I also get to know more about entrepreneurship,” said Nima Tshomo, also a member.

The school administration is looking forward to having more of such ideas.

“There is an increasing number of students participating in the club now. They know that they can learn more and develop their skills for a better life in the future. So, we are also looking to have more of such skill development activities in the school,” said Tshering Dorji, the Offtg. Principal of Yurung CS.

The shed is expected to be ready by the end of this month. Soon, the members will get hands-on experience cultivating mushrooms.

Thinley Dorji, Pema Gatshel

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube