Thimphu Thrompon candidate, Ugyen Dorji

40-year-old Ugyen Dorji, a former Deputy Chief urban planner is one of the candidates contesting for the post of Thimphu Thrompon. He represents the Jungshina_Kawangjangsa constituency. Ugyen Dorji holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Australia. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from the College of Science and Technology in Phuentshogling.

A father of two, Ugyen worked in Thimphu Thromde for the past 11 years. He also served as an assistant lecturer in Jigme Namgyel Engineering College from 2008 to 2010.

Given the opportunity, he said, decentralisation and digitalisation will be his top priorities.

“The main important thing we have to look upon is the services that we give from thromde, all these services should be given through digital connectivity. And, the other important thing is, I think decentralisation is one of the main important factors to really reach the services to the lowest level. So, for that, I would definitely, as soon as I join, I will definitely establish the community offices within the demkhongs so that every service can be provided through that office,” said Ugyen Dorji, a Thrompon Candidate.

He added he will also focus on addressing water shortage, waste management and road conditions.

“Water is still not enough, people still face water shortage, so for that to happen in a better way, I would definitely improve the water networks and that too would be digitised to minimise the shortage and to have continuous supply.  And other than that, I would say, the road is one of the main problem that we have, potholes everywhere, so for that to happen in a better way, I would definitely have the maintenance team separately to take care of the road maintenance as and when required.”

He started his door to door campaign on April 6.

Pema Seldon Tshering

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube