Snooker parlour owners request task force to allow operation of their businesses, S/Jongkhar

Opening up slowly after the second nationwide lockdown, the COVID-19 Taskforce in Samdrup Jongkhar is now allowing almost all sporting activities. However, the restriction on operating snooker is still not lifted. Snooker parlour owners are requesting the task force to allow the opening of their parlours too by following all the health protocol.

Hoping for a green signal from the COVID-19 taskforce, Phuntsho Wangmo in Samdrupchhoeling Dungkhag is preparing to open her gaming parlour by cleaning the snooker board and cue sticks daily.

Phuntsho says she has to pay more than Nu 80,000 in rentals for her snooker shops for seven months. She has no income other than from the parlour, and it remains closed. Like her, there are six more snooker owners who are affected by the restriction.

“All sporting activities are allowed and I feel it is safe to allow snooker too. We will be grateful if snooker is allowed since we have to pay rents and look after children. My monthly rent is Nu 25,000 and my owner is saying I have to pay fifty per cent of it,” said Dan Kumar Thapa, a snooker shop owner in Samdrup Jongkhar town.

All the owners share their gratitude to His Majesty The King for the Kidu.

“I am very grateful to His Majesty, with our business close and with no other source for income, His Majesty’s kidu has helped us a lot,” said Phuntsho Wangmo.

They say they will follow all health protocol in accordance with the direction of the district task force if they are allowed to open up their businesses.

“We will be grateful if it is allowed, we will also follow all the health protocol by using Druk Trace app, we will make sure to use hand sanitiser before touching cue sticks and we will also make sure to use a face mask and keep distance and all,” said Phuntsho Wangmo.

“As per the government’s instruction we will follow all the protocol, we will set up handwashing facilities and all,” added Dan Kumar Thapa.

According to the Incident Commander of Samdrup Jongkhar Dzongkhag COVID-19 Taskforce, allowing of operating snooker parlours will be discussed in the next task force meeting.

Kinley Wangchuk, Samdrup Jongkhar

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube