Lonely Planet officially declares Bhutan as number one country to travel for 2020

Coinciding with the 40th Birthday of His Majesty, the Lonely Planet has officially declared Bhutan as number one country to travel for 2020 and launched the book “Best to Travel 2020.” The book highlights the best sustainable travel experiences of Bhutan for 2020.

The Lonely Planet is a world-renowned large travel guide book publisher, Lonely Planet.

The Lonely Planet describes Bhutan as the Himalayan Paradise operating on a strict ‘High Value, Low Volume’ tourism policy giving visitors a chance to walk along the mountain trails free of litters.

Highlighting Bhutan’s vision of becoming the first fully organic nation by 2020, the book also admires people’s bond with the environment.

A climb to Taktshang Goemba, catching a Tshechu and trekking are mentioned as unmissable experiences in Bhutan.

“We have been going around Bhutan and looking around places. If we have to highlight few things that I would like to travel is definitely Paro, the trek near the Tiger’s Nest Monastery and my authors also recommended a night at Phobjikha valley which I think not many people are aware of. People have enjoyed the experience there and people are recommending. And also the most beautiful fortress which had lots of trees, the Punakha Dzong,” said Sesh Seshadri, the Director and General Manager of Lonely Planet.

The travel guide book is said to raise curiosity amongst travellers rather than to focus on increasing the number of tourists visiting the destinations chosen by the Lonely Planet.

However, according to the Tourism Council of Bhutan, Bhutan has seen good publicity after Lonely Planet recognized Bhutan as number one in a sustainable travel destination.

Sangay Chezom

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube