Multi-sports complex in Samdrup Jongkhar

The multi-sports complex at Samdrup Jongkhar Thromde is finally ready.  The new sports structure has been constructed at a cost of more than Nu 20.23 M financed by the small development project, a grant from the government of India.

The construction of the complex started in 2015.

The complex currently has three indoor badminton courts, one basketball court and a gym. A Sports shop and a restaurant will also be opened soon. The multi-sports complex also has changing room facilities and has provisions for setting up other indoor sports like table tennis.

With the opening of the multi-sports complex, game lovers in Samdrup Jongkhar Thromde say their woes of finding a place to play sports has finally come to an end.

“During the time of organizing tournaments and other sporting events, this kind of well-equipped hall is very helpful. When this type of facilities is provided, more number of people will take an interest in sports,” Norbu Zangpo, a sports enthusiast from Samdrup Jongkhar Thromde.

“Everyone knows the benefits of gym and exercise; I am also interested in going to the gym and keeping myself physically fit, so I have set up the gym here. It will help others who are interested in exercising,” Sonam Penjor, also from the thromde.

The Indoor gym, restaurant and sports shop at the complex will be run by private individuals on lease.  Samdrup Jongkhar Sports Association will look after the maintenance of the multi-sports complex.

The new sports structure has been constructed near the artificial football turf.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube