Monthly Archives: December, 0

Highest inflation recorded since 2003

The inflation rate in the second quarter of this year has been recorded at 13.55 percent, the highest inflation recorded in the country since 2003. According to a report on consumer price index the inflation was mainly driven by increase in the price of both food and non-food items.

Shooting stones create havoc in Pasakha

Unlike the past years, this year the monsoon has been creating havoc in Pasakha in Phuentsholing. After the recent flood which damaged a bridge, now it is shooting stones from a slide area opposite BFAL and BCCI colonies posing threats to the passers-by.

Monsoon brings smiles on Dangkharpas

While the monsoon is creating havoc in some areas in some other parts it has come as a boon. The villagers of Dangkhar in Zhemgang have been able to cultivate paddy this year because of abundant rainwater.  For two long years, the farmers could not cultivate paddy due to erratic rainfall.

Chikungunya- a viral disease reported in Samtse

Chikungunya, a viral disease has been reported in the areas bordering Samtse. The disease is transmitted through mosquito bites that transmit dengue.

Alcohol related diseases, no different for Damphu hospital

Alcohol has been identified as one of the leading causes of diseases and death in the country. Figures show that Tsirang district is not behind any other districts in the country. If one visits Damphu hospital, there will be at least one patient suffering from alcohol related diseases.

Month on, Gasa still cut-off

More than a month after a flash flood hit Gasa, the Dzongkhag is still struggling to recover from the trail of destructions the flood has left. Excavators and workers have been deployed to clear the flood debris and roadblocks. But continuous rain is affecting the restorations works.

An Association for students studying in Thailand

The Bhutanese students studying in Thailand will now have a platform to interact and help each other. The Bhutanese Students Association of Thailand (BSA) was officially launched in Bangkok on Sunday.

‘I will give my best’- says Ngawang Pem

“I am extremely grateful to His Majesty the King and the Government for conferring upon me this huge honour. But at the same time, I am worried because it is a huge responsibility,” said the first woman Dzongda, Ngawang Pem.

And the Bhutan is…

Bhutan has ranked 61st in the women’s archery competition at the ongoing London Olympics.

4 new bridges on the Tsirang-Wangdue highway

Four new bridges were inaugurated along the Wangdue-Tsirang highway on Friday. Two were constructed with fund from the Japanese government and the fund for the other two bridges was provided by the Government of India.

- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Read

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube