Education minister hits back at DNT, refutes party’s allegations against him

The Education Minister Norbu Wangchuk, however, denies the DNT’s allegations against him.

The DNT has accused the minister of abusing power and carrying out illegal campaigning during his ongoing constituency tour in Trashigang.

In an exclusive interview with BBS News, the minister said he came to his constituency to discuss on the achievements of the 11th Five-Year-Plan (FYP).

“Having had the opportunity to serve for five years, I come here to first of all thank people of my constituency. Secondly, the 11th FYP is coming to an end, so I came here to discuss about its achievements,” the minister added.

The minister also shared that since 12th FYP is about to be finalised, “we have the opportunity to incorporate the feedback of the people in the plan.”

Refuting allegations of using government budget to provide meals to the public, the minister commented: “As a gesture of gratitude to the people, I had organised lunch for them from my personal expenses, it’s not from government expenses. As a token of appreciation, I also offered Tashi Khadhar to people who worked for me during these five years. They have been a bridge between me and the public.”

The education minister has been in his constituency since July 11 and will remain there for a few more days.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube