Four students to represent Bhutan in Digital Challenge in Bangkok

Two students from tertiary institutes and another two from higher secondary schools will represent Bhutan in the Grand Finale of the upcoming Digital Challenge in Bangkok, Thailand.

The event will take place in September.

The four students were selected through the national round of Digital Challenge held at the recent Digital Camp held in the Royal Institute of Management (RIM) in Thimphu.

They are Dorji Gyeltshen from Sherubtse College and Dorji Wangchuk from Royal Institute of Management, who topped the challenge in tertiary education category in an online exam conducted following the camp.

The other two are Subham Chhetri of Pelkhil Higher Secondary School and Deepshik Sharma from Motithang Higher Secondary School, who topped the competition in the higher secondary school category.

“I am happy and proud to represent my country and my school,” Subham Chhetri said.

“I am so excited to represent our country. I will start preparing for the challenge as soon as I get back to my college,” Dorji Gyeltshen said.

At the Grand finale, they will compete with participants from ten other countries.

Twenty-one students from across the country took part in the week-long Digital Camp.

The ICT Faculty of the RIM trained students on ICDL modules, which includes word processing, spread sheets and PowerPoint presentation.

ICDL is a globally recognised computer literacy certification.

All participants scored above 75 per cent and were ICDL certified yesterday.

The Digital Camp and the Challenge were organised by the Bhutan Media & Communications Institute in collaboration with RIM.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube