TCB works to encourage homestays, promote tourism in Tseza Gewog

In most rural parts of the country, homestays have steered villagers to prosperity, by enhancing their income.  

To create similar impact in remote villages in Dagana District, the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) is planning to initiate homestay programmes in Tseza Gewog.

In recent days, the TCB took a group of villagers from the gewog on familiarisation trip to Phobji and Gangtey in Wangdue Phodrang. These two places are popular for homestay business.

As part of the trip, Tseza villagers experienced the homestay services and learnt ways to set up such facilities. “We want to open homestays in Tseza after the trip. It has boosted income of the people here. I hope for the same,” said one of the villagers, Gem Lham.

“After returning to Dagana, we will explore our natural sites for tourists and then think to set up homestay, which is a thriving business in Gangtey and Phobji here,” added another villager, Kunzang Dorji.

The homestay operators have also encouraged the group to go ahead with the homestay business.

“It is the easiest way of generating rural income, so I have encouraged the group to establish homestays in Dagana. I think the place has potential to promote tourism,” said Pema Thinley, who owns a homestay in Phobji Gewog.

The TCB has identified nine people from Tseza Gewog who has expressed interest to open homestays. They also attended training on homestay operation in January this year.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube