Barshong Gewog office has gone nearly 90 days without GAO

Barshong Gewog in Tsirang has remained without Gewog Administrative Officer (GAO) for almost three months now.

This has impeded implementation of developmental plans in the gewog, say the villagers. With the administrative officer transferred earlier this year, the gewog’s Agriculture Extension Officer has been filling the gap.

However, the officer says managing two responsibilities is daunting task. “I already have huge responsibilities looking after agricultural development in the gewogs. And additional responsibilities especially officiating as gewog administrative officer are heavy. But, despite challenges, I try my best to render the service,” said Sonam Tshering, the Agriculture Extension Officer.

The local leaders are of the view that having an administrative officer would mean timely execution of developmental plans in the gewog.

“The gewog administrative officer’s duty is to compile priority development list. Sometimes he also needs to help gups to explain the gewog’s plan document when official visitors come to the gewog. It would be convenient of another officer is transferred here at the earliest,” said the Mangmi of Barshong Gewog, Chandra Bahadur Monger.

The dzongkhag’s Human Resource Officer said the office will soon write to the Department of Local Governance regarding the issue. For now, locals have to cope with the present situation.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube