Finding ways to encourage women in sports leadership

Today, Bhutan has about 150 national women participants in 13 disciplines of sports. However, the figure is not the same when it comes to women holding executive positions in sports.

To motivate female athletes in the country to become sports leaders, a three-day professional communication skills seminar was held in the capital recently.

Gabriela Muller Mendoza, the communication coach from International Olympic Committee (IOC) groomed the women athletes to boost their confidence by enhancing their communication skills.

The participants were taught to overcome presentation challenges by giving interviews to media. “It is very important for women to communicate well. If they are going to convince the others more effectively, that will be instrumental in making them leaders,” added Gabriela.

One of the participants, Denka, 29, is a coach for women’s academy in Gelegphu. She said the seminar has made her realise that communication is key to promoting sports at school and national levels.

“I am very poor in approaching people. Now, I have acquired skills on how to deal with people and talk about sports. I will implement it right after I reach the school.”

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube