Indian Super League is next says Chencho Gyeltshen

The striker says his next aim is to land a contract with an Indian Super League (ISL) franchise.

After helping his team, Minerva Punjab FC, win the I-League in his first season, Chencho Gyeltshen is back in the country. The striker will now join his national teammates to prepare for the away clash with the Maldives.

Chencho’s desire to succeed in the I-League saw him giving everything in every match he played for the Punjab based club. Sharing his delight at winning the league, he said, “from my side, I gave 110 per cent on the pitch so that I can help the team. Football is a team game and I contributed a lot for Minerva.”

But Chencho had to endure several challenges to gain trust from his teammates and the management. He said, “when they heard this player is from Bhutan; they always think that Bhutan football is not so popular and not so good player. So, initially they underestimated me. After one month, they started doing good to me.”

Having taken the I-League by storm and shown the world what he can do, Chencho says, the next big step is to land an Indian Super League contract. “I am planning to play from the ISL from next season. Officially I didn’t receive any offers, its all dealt by the agents. But I got offers from nine – ten agents. So, right now I am talking with these agents,” he added.

With his eyes set on the ISL, Chencho Gyeltshen believes on never giving up to reach one’s goals. He said, “If you know your talent, try to work hard and push yourself. This will take you high one day.”

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube