BOC bans 2017 Mr Bhutan from both national and international competitions

The tussle between the Bodybuilding and Weightlifting Federation and the 2017 Mr Bhutan, Sangay Tsheltrim, has taken yet another turn with Bhutan Olympic Committee (BOC) banning him for life from representing Bhutan as an athlete in any international competition and also from participating in any national competitions.

He is also not allowed to be part of BOC in any official capacity.

But Sangay Tsheltrim says the ban doesn’t change anything and that it will have no bearing on him whatsoever.

The ban came after Sangay Tsheltrim failed to submit an apology as required by BOC’s executive committee.

The executive committtee towards the end of last year asked him to issue an apology to BOC for publicly crtiicsing the President of the Bhutan Bodybuilding  and Weightlifting Federation and the World Bodybuilding and Psysique Sports Federation on Facebook Live.

On December 28, Sangay Tsheltrim, wrote to the BOC’s President, apologising for his actions.

However, the executive committee found the apology insufficient and asked the 2017 Mr Bhutan to rewrite the apology addressed to the Bhutan Bodybuilding and Weightlifting Federation President and the World Bodybuilding and Physique Sports Federation. Failing to comply with the request, Sangay Tsheltrim was told he was banned for life in a letter on January 18.

“They said that if I refuse to submit a letter they will ban me for life, so I said I would accept that rather than apologising to them because I still stand by whatever I stated in my live feed on Facebook and I will stand by it till I die,” Sangay  Tsheltrim said.

“That’s why I said I will not apologise to them so, they gave me a lifetime ban.”

He added he will not appeal the committee’s decision and that the ban will not stop him from taking part in international competitions as an individual.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube