Bengaluru FC confident ahead of first leg tie against Transport United

Transport United will host Bengaluru FC in the first-leg of the AFC Cup South Asian Zone Preliminary Round Qualifier. Ahead of the match, tomorrow, Bengaluru’s squad is being trained at the Changlimithang today and is confident of leaving Bhutan with a positive result.  

Despite traveling with a much weakened side, Head Coach Albert Roca is confident his young squad will be able to deliver the required result. Bengaluru rested captain and star striker Sunil Chettri for the match. The Blues also named seven B team players for the qualifiers.

“We have to take advantage of all the squad. So, it is necessary for this kind of rotations because as you know we are playing in ISL which is a difficult competition but I am confident and I trust my team and my squad,” added the Head Coach of Bengaluru. “Tomorrow, I hope they will just play hard to have a good result. So, everybody is really concerned and everybody is really focused to get the good result.”

The Head Coach also said that his decision to rest Sunil Chettri might disappoint some fans but he added it was his responsibility to take care of his players as a professional coach.

Meanwhile, Bhutanese side, Transport United, who have been training for over a month promised an open game. Head Coach, Ngawang Dendup, is relying on home advantage to play in his favour. “We are going to take our home advantage and going to play an attacking system. I watched Bengaluru playing and most of the game they were playing pofessionally. On paper, the Indian Super League leaders are heavy favourites but they will be weary of the threats Transport United poses. Transport’s Nigerian player could not join the squad in time for tomorrow’s match but will be available for the return leg at the end of the month. They are also without their Indian player, Nagin Tamang, who was the club’s top scorer in last year’s national league.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube