100 students from 13 central schools gaining electrical maintenance skills

Carrying out minor electrical, plumbing or automobile maintenance works in some schools of southern and western regions will not be a hassle anymore.

Over a hundred students from 13 central schools of the two regions are attending the Technical and Vocational Education and Training Camp in Sarpang.

The participants are also learning basics of carpentry, welding, slate carving, embroidery, painting, and mushroom farming at the Jigme Wangchuck Power Training Institute. Apart from engaging the students meaningfully during the winter vacation, the camp is to promote technical and vocational education and training in the country.

“The students will be able to carry out minor maintenance works related to plumbing or electrical and even take up carpentry in their respective schools,” said Lobzang, the Principal of Jigme Wangchuck Power Training Institute. “Also, they can share information on vocational education with their schoolmates and encourage them to develop interested in such an education.”

Some participants said, prior to attending the camp, they did not have much knowledge about Technical and Vocational Education and Training. “The art of slate carving is vanishing in our country. Our future generations should be aware that such a culture exists. So when I get back to school, I will share with the friends what I learned here,” said Narayan Adhikari.

The Department of Technical Education under the Labour Ministry is organising the three-week long programme, which began on 1 January. The theme of the programme is ‘One Youth, One Skill.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube