Renovated Kidu Patient Guest House inaugurated

The newly renovated Kidu Patient Guest House of the national referral hospital was inaugurated yesterday coinciding with the 6th Royal Wedding Anniversary.

The guest house was renovated upon the command of His Majesty The King. A news release from the Royal Office for Media (ROM) states that His Majesty The King commanded that patients and their caregivers living in the guest house must have an opportunity to live in a degree of comfort and dignity in their time of ill health and difficulty.

Therefore, as His Majesty’s Kidu to the people, a complete renovation of the accommodation and its immediate surrounding was started in May this year.

The two-storied guest house can accommodate 35 patients and their attendants. It is furnished with beds and attached kitchen and toilets. Located in the premises of the national referral hospital, the guest house was built in the 1970s.

“This facility was constructed by Azhi Kezang Wangmo Wangchuck and Azhi later offered it to His Majesty The King,” said Lhab Dorji, the President of the national referral hospital.

“After seeing the facility has deteriorated, His Majesty commanded its renovation for the comfort of the patients using it. The facility will be used to house cancer patients.”

Patients living in the guest house thanked His Majesty The King. “I am so grateful to His Majesty for providing me and my two children a place to stay,” said Singye Wangchuk, a patient.

Another patient, Sangay Wangmo, has no one in Thimphu to put up with. “I came to know about the facility and came here,” she said.

Sonam Dekar, a sick attendant, said the facility has made their lives easier. “We are very comfortable here,” she said. “The sick are able to get timely treatment and we are grateful to His Majesty for this.”

Today, there are about thirty patients living at the Kidu Patient Guest House.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube