Bhutan wins 1 gold, 2 bronze at 9th WBPF Championships

Thinley Dorji

Bhutan’s Thinley Dorji won a gold medal in the Men’s Athletic Physique up to 182 centimetre category at the World Bodybuilding and Physique Sports Championships, today.

In the championship hosted by Mongolia, Bhutan also bagged two bronze medals, yesterday.

Damchoe Zam

“I am really humbled and glad that my hard work paid off. I don’t know what to say. I am really happy and I am overwhelmed by all your support on social media,” said Thinley Dorji, who followed up his bronze medal yesterday with a gold today.

After her disappointment in the women’s model physique 30 to 60 year old category, Damchoe Zam managed a bronze medal in the women’s model physique 165 centimetre and above height category. “The gold medalist has one child, the second position holder has two and I have three children. I think it was made to be like this,” she said. “This medal is for my country, I am very proud of it.”

However, the biggest surprise of all was when 2017 Mr Bhutan, Sangay Tsheltrim, was announced as the fourth position holder. To this, he expressed his disbelief. “I don’t know what happened. I am surprised myself. From what I heard, the judges did give me the first position. I don’t know where it failed.”

Despite Sangay’s failure, a gold and two bronze is a good result for Bhutan. The athletes will return to the country tomorrow.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube