Students of Barshong School ecstatic after meeting PM

For students of Barshong Community School under Naro Gewog in Thimphu, it was the rarest of rare opportunities to personally interact with the country’s Prime Minister.

So, when the Prime Minister Dasho Tshering Tobgay trekked to the gewog and visited the school recently, its seven pupils were overjoyed to see him. One of the students said it was a moment to cherish for a lifetime and that Lyonchhen’s motivational words are encouraging for them to excel in academics, and become responsible and dynamic people in the future.

Prime Minister also informed the people to be kind to teachers and ensure that the school is up and running for all times to come.

Barshong Community School was opened in 2010 and has pre-primary level up to fourth grades. There are two teachers with the school. One of the teachers, Tenzin said he volunteered to teach the school two years ago and does not repent over his decision.

“I had choice to teach in any schools across the 20 dzongkhags, but I decided to come here because I thought it would be same to reach schools in urban and rural schools,” he added.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube