Man, moved by His Majesty’s Convocation Address, confesses

His Majesty The King’s address at the 12th convocation last week was not only an inspiration for the graduates but for other people across the nation. One of them is a 36-year-old man from Monggar.

After listening to His Majesty’s wise words on unwavering loyalty, the man made a revelation about a crime which he committed a year ago.  He admitted to the Monggar Police on how he intentionally lit his house on fire in his village.

“His Majesty was addressing about how one’s life will be affected if one works without Tha Damtshi. Then I regretted a lot about what I did,” said the man who sought anonymity. “The regretful feeling was like a needle piercing my heart”.

The man said he instigated his friend to set his house on fire since he wants to claim insurance to build bigger structure.

“I met my friend and then engaged in some chat sessions where the topic about my house cropped up. He told me no one lives in my house and I said that is because I am a civil servant. Then I asked him to burn the house since I have insured it.”

The man added that initially his friend disagreed to consider his words. However during the second meeting at Rinchen Torzoed Wang in Lhuentse, his friend agreed to set his house on fire.

“One fateful night, police phoned me saying my house has erupted into flames.”

After the incident, he received over Nu 500,000 as insurance claim from the Royal Insurance Corporation Limited. Now all he is waiting for is his charges which will be revealed after the police completes the investigation.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube