English | Dzongkha Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Travellers and voters

Jun 21, 2011

The upcoming elections and students’ summer break is trying existing transport services from Thimphu to various destinations in Bhutan.

Forty three buses are travelling from Thimphu to different parts of the country without an empty seat every day. The Thimphu bus terminal is packed with people trying to catch their bus.

Lhap Tshering was among the crowd rushing to catch his bus to Haa. Seventy two-year-old was focused to vote for right candidates.

“Be it be Mangmi or Gup, I will vote for the deserving candidate.”

Shantiram Ghalley is taking his family to participate in the elections of local leaders of his village.

He is a civil servant and says, “it is an important process of democracy,” he added, “I want my family play their part.”

It is likely that travelers waiting to book their ticket in the last minute may not be able to make their trip. Students’ summer break holidays have started in most of the schools of Thimphu. Bus tickets are sold out for many days ahead. With the elections and summer holidays, 873 people are traveling out of Thimphu using bus services.

Leave a Reply

+ eight = 15

Copyright © 2019 BBSC.