Series of burglary vex Samdrup Jongkhar’s housing residents

Series of burglary vex Samdrup Jongkhar’s housing residentsA series of burglary at the National Housing Development Corporation Colony in Samdrup Jongkhar is exasperating the residents. Last month, 10 burglaries took place at the colony.

A tenant, Jigme Singay lost a laptop, two mobile phones and Nu 1,500 from his house, last week. “I think the burglar came in from the window and entered my altar room from where he stole my things.”

Like Jigme Singay, a few other tenants in the colony also lost cash and electronic items. Only two of them reported the case to the Police.

“Two mobile phones worth Nu 20,000 were stolen from my place. I don’t know how the thief sneaked in. He might have entered from the door or the window,” said another tenant.

Of the two suspects, one has been apprehended. The police are on a look-out for the other. They are also yet to recover all the stolen items.

The police say they carry out patrolling every night. They also said burglary is common in and around the colony as it nears the border area.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube